Empire Tennis Update: 2/13/21!!
As you know, Empire Tennis Academy is headquartered within the Harley School. Harley, along with other schools, is beginning their transition into a new afterschool sports season and moving closer towards returning to full-day in-person classes for all. Having said that, recently the Harley community (staff, kids, and parents) have become a bit more nervous with the advent of basketball, more afterschool activities, and the prospect of the Upper (High) School going to fully in-person learning.
Larry Frye, the Harley School Head of School has notified Empire Tennis Academy that, due to heightened sensitivity during this transition, all tennis players and participants in the Fieldhouse must be masked at all times including upon arrival, during warmup, and while playing. To this point, Empire Tennis Academy has been operating on a set of rules outlined by State and Federal guidelines, but different from the daily school routine. After a discussion with Larry about the upcoming changes for the community, he feels it is time all programs within the Harley School align with one policy: Wear a Mask at All Times!
We do not know how long this will remain in effect, however, we consider the safety of our players, parents, and staff of utmost importance. You will be able to take off your mask during water breaks and brief moments when socially distant from others. Our partnership with Harley is a valued one, and we believe we have created a safe and comfortable environment for participants. Just to be clear, to this point, Empire Tennis Academy has had zero cases arising from our group lessons, private lessons, or match play programs. We are not perfect, but safety and peace of mind for all is our highest priority and we are here to do our part.
Below are the safety precautions we will be taking to keep EVERYONE safe
* All employees will have their temperature checked before they start work daily
* Any questions regarding balance, make-ups, etc, should be communicated either through email (preferable) or phone - No cash or checks will be accepted, online payments only
* Drop off/Pick up your kids at the fieldhouse entrance using double doors - Parents are welcome to wait in their cars, or if for U10, that just one parent stays with them (non-tennis siblings should remain at home)
* Masks must be worn when entering and exiting the building, and remain on throughout play. You may briefly take off your mask for water when socially distant from others.
* Instructors will wear masks the whole time.
* Hand sanitizers will be available near entrances and exits of the court banks
* Players should have their own water bottle and towel
* Bleachers will not be in use
* Loaner racquets are disinfected at the end of every day.
* We reserve the right to send home any participants who feel unwell. We are happy to reschedule lessons if you aren't in your best health.
If your class was cancelled due to the temporary shutdown, no value will be lost. We will happily reschedule any lessons for those who were affected by the recent closure. At the end of the day we want all of our participants to feel safe, and comfortable as we try to return to something that resembles normalcy. It will take a collective effort from our community to accomplish this directive and we all must do our best to respect everyone's individual sensitivity. Thank you for your support and as always, please feel free to reach out with your questions, comments, and concerns. We look forward to seeing you on the court.
Owner & Director of Tennis